Spill Kit Order Form
To order a spill kit, select a general spill kit by entering the desired quantity. You may order additional individual items based on the needs of your laboratory. The field at the bottom of the form will display the total costs of your order.
General spill kit:
- (4) Absorbent pads – to absorb solvents or toxic liquids. Ex: acetone, hexanes chloroform, formaldehyde, etc.
- (2) Absorbent socks to isolate, absorb and prevent spreading.
- (2 lbs.) Universal safety absorbent to absorb solvents or toxic materials
- (2) Disposable Tyvek aprons, (2 pairs) disposable Tyvek sleeves, (4) small disposal bags
- (1) Reusable goggles
- (1) Mini broom and dustpan
- (1) pH Paper
- (1 pair) Neoprene gloves
Acid spill add on:
- (2 lbs.) Dry Acid Neutralizer – powder to neutralize and absorb acids. Ex: hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid etc. *Do not use with hydrofluoric acid*
Base spill add on:
- (2 lbs.) Dry Base Neutralizer – powder to neutralize and absorb basic materials. Ex: sodium hydroxide, ammonium hydroxide, etc.
Hydrofluoric acid spill add on:
- (2 lbs.) Spillfyter Dry HF Neutralizer – powder to neutralize hydrofluoric acid.
- (1) Calcium Gluconate Gel 30g tube – used as a first aid ointment on HF burns. *You must still seek immediate medical attention*
Mercury spill add on:
- Hg Absorb – metal shavings for amalgamating and sponge with metal shavings for amalgamation if the sponge is desired.
- (1) Plastic scoop and dust pan
- (1 pair) Safety glasses
- (1) Small disposal bag
- (1 pair) Plastic gloves
- Includes instructions